Saturday, March 20

Keeping up appearances

So for the better part of this week I have been battling the dreaded winter flu bug. 
I really did think that I had gotten away with suffering this, but alas, no one it seems, is immune. 

So as this was the first time in my marriage that I was sick, it was interesting to see how my Husband would react to me not being up to form. 

Seeing as he was working night shifts (yes, he works shifts, but that is for another blog entry) he felt incredibly guilty for not being there to hold back my hair and rub my back etc. And he felt even worse when he came home from said shifts and went to sleep while I struggled to get around. 
Despite these hurdles, my angel of a Husband has been wonderful and has made me eat to get my strength up, made me drink to get hydrated and made me as comfortable as possible. 
Stomach Bug 0 Husband 1

However, how did I deal with being vulnerable and needing to be look after? 
Well...
Illnesses involving vomiting from both areas (God I hope you get what I am trying to say) are so not pretty and definitely not dignified. 
Having my Husband witness me being sick and running to the bathroom did nothing for my 'Perfect Housewife' look. And to be honest, after one day feeling that way, I really didn't care. And neither did he. 

'In sickness and in health'. Those words were on repeat every time I looked in the mirror at my sunken eyes and sallow cheeks. 

I am getting better and today was the first day in 5 that I put on make-up. 
It felt like I was 15 again and trying to impress that boy I really liked. Except i'm 26 and i'm trying to impress my Husband. 

And I quite like that.

And...i've lost 7 pounds so its not all bad. 

The day after stomach flu is definitely the best feeling. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment